Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-08-15

The Möbius Ball


I combined three Möbius Strips to form a one sided ball-like structure.

I photographed the paths around each strip to show the one-sided-ness of the entire structure.

Constructed of paper and glue.

Note: When I sequentially labeled the glued strip intersections with letters (A->B->...->M) to show the single sidedness of each Möbius strip, I purposely skipped the letter "I" because it might have caused confusion being photographed at a 90 degree angle and then it would look like an "H".


This next photo shows the three paper segments that have a half twist in them. They form sort of a "curved triangle", one eighth of a sphere. Four of the spherical segments are bounded with straight paper segments, three of them have one half twist, and the eighth one has the three half twists.
I started the journey around the strips beginning with letter A:

The B to C segment encounters the first half twist:










After arriving back at A, start the second Möbius Strip











After arriving back at A, return to M to begin around the third Möbius Strip












Final step back to M


Update 2011.09.06 - Someone just asked Google this question:
"where can i buy a möbius ball" - and of course the answer is: ME !!!

Just send me a request by e-mail or blog comment.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood