Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2016-05-01

Do We Have a Serial Killer or a Hit Man on the Loose?

Interesting Borger News: on Monday morning at the diner Sandy just barely avoided being shot while in the kitchen. 

She had just turned to go into the north prep room from the kitchen and a bullet came in the huge window right at where her head had just been standing by the grill. The bullet then went through a frig and a bottle of salsa then after it came out of the refrigerator it entered a bottle of some cleaner but the liquid changed the trajectory suddenly 90 degrees where it then ricocheted off a few more surfaces entering at least one more room leaving a bit of an exit wound in the wall. When Sandy heard it she initially thought her deep fat fryer had exploded.

Sandy brought a 45 ACP bullet from her house to compare it to the second hole, the frig entry point and it was about the same size.

The second entry point was a few inches higher than where the bullet came through the glass and so it seemed to be on a slightly upward trajectory as it entered the building, so a rough calculation seems that the shot was fired by someone in a car on Main Street, rather than a higher position or a long distance shot which would have had to have cleared the building across the street and the huge number of stationary tanker railroad cars on farther east.

Thankfully our Sandy survived intact.

[I took plenty of photographs which I will try to get from my camera later.]

4 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

Yicks Mr ESB that sounds a bit scary to me. Living out in the country in Britain we dont really see guns. OK we do have the Pheasant shots next to us each year where folk come and take out their aggression on cage reared pheasant who are to tame and stupid to avoid being shot. And the old chap a short distance up the road will shot rabbits if the go near his vegetables, but these are twelve bore rifles which make a very loud bang ad a bit of a mess of a rabbit. It is stuff like this that make us in Britain wonder why America lets folk carry guns about, the laws in Europe are very strict indeed so guns are rare. Although as with most things it is possible to get hold of them illegally, but it is not easy.

I hope you friend is not too shaken up by the event and certainly hope she was not the target of who ever did it. I think I will remain hiding in Shropshire.

Hope all is well with you, and you are feeling better.

esbboston said...

Rob: She did not seem very shaken by the event. She has several decades of dealing with rowdy customers.

I do hope to return to actual work today. During the last ten days or so I have been studying CNC router machines which I find interesting. There are several folks who build their devices and show you their tricks on YouTube. There are just several choices to make. I don't think I will get started yet building one until after my vacation. My most recent car repair zapped my budget a bit. There are a lot of DIY CNC kits out there to pick from, as well as people welding and assembling from scratch.

fmcgmccllc said...

Random gunshots are not nice. Makes you wonder, even if it was an accident, what kinda folks are living among us. Especially with a possible 45 just shooting out of car windows. Hope all is well, just saw my grand curly and she is a doll.

Unknown said...

Scary stuff indeed Mr E. I'm not sure what I would have done in the same situation, but Sandy sounds like she should be working for the forensics department. Very clever and extremely brave woman.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood